Woodbury Personal Injury Attorney
When you suffer serious injuries somewhere in Woodbury due to the negligence of another party, you may need to file a personal injury claim. While that claim cannot restore your body, it can provide you with the funds you need to manage your recovery, take care of your other bills, and move forward with your life.
Did you suffer serious injuries in Woodbury because of another party’s negligence? An experienced Woodbury personal injury attorney can help you understand your legal rights. Contact Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.
- Woodbury Personal Injury Attorney
- About Nicolet Law
- How Weâve Helped Our Clients
- Common Types of Personal Injury Claims in Woodbury
- The Aftermath of Woodbury Personal Injury Accidents: Common Injuries
- How Much Compensation Do You Deserve After an Accident in Woodbury?
- The Liable Party in a Woodbury Accident
- Woodbury Personal Injury FAQs
- Call Our Woodbury Personal Injury Attorneys Today
About Nicolet Law
Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers is a regional firm known as a premier resource for those facing financial distress following a personal injury. With 20 team members in nine locations throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota, we combine the resources and convenience of a large regional firm with the personalized service that you expect from local attorneys.
Whether a slip and fall, car accident, or other source of injury, we know how to handle complicated personal injury cases, and we know that each client is different and deserves a custom-tailored case plan. We know that if you’re injured or facing financial difficulty, you should only have to think about getting better, and being there for your family. We take care of all the complexities of a personal injury claim, so you can focus on your life and your loved ones.
How We’ve Helped Our Clients
The dedicated Woodbury personal injury attorneys at Nicolet Law boast decades of combined experience representing injured clients. We’ve recovered over $34 million in compensation for our clients, and look forward to the chance to see how we can help you and your loved ones.
Some of our past clients include:
- A woman, hit by another vehicle, was stuck with massive medical bills and no money to repair her car. Why? She did not have insurance, and the other driver’s insurer refused to help. After sitting down and discussing her situation, we achieved a settlement—our client received payment for her vehicle repair, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
- A client was seriously injured by a co-worker who drove recklessly. Drawing on his understanding of personal injury law, attorney Russell Nicolet got the client the full policy limit ($250,000) from the insurance carrier. We allowed the client’s workers’ compensation carrier to take only a small portion of the settlement. This left plenty of compensation to help our client recover and move forward in life.
- A woman hit by a vehicle while crossing the street at a crosswalk was offered a measly settlement that did not even cover her medical bills or wage loss. After choosing us to represent her, the insurance company ended up paying the client’s medical bills, wage loss, and she got significant money in her pocket for her pain-and-suffering.
While no attorney can guarantee the results in any particular case, rest assured that the passionate team at Nicolet Law draws on our deep well of experience to pursue the best possible outcome in every client’s claim. For more examples of our past success, consider some more of our past case results.
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims in Woodbury
You can suffer an injury due to another party’s negligence in many settings.
However, some common settings may include:
Any time you suffer an injury due to the negligence of another party, an attorney can help you understand your right to compensation and, if needed, file a personal injury claim.
The Aftermath of Woodbury Personal Injury Accidents: Common Injuries
Severe accidents can result in catastrophic injuries, many of which can cause complications for the rest of your life. Did you suffer these common injuries due to the negligence of another party? Any time you suffer catastrophic injuries, you may need an attorney to help you evaluate your right to file a personal injury claim.
Traumatic Brain Injury
Victims of car accidents, slip and fall accidents, or nursing home abuse may all suffer traumatic brain injuries due to trauma to the victim’s head. Traumatic brain injury can cause considerable long-term complications in the victim’s life, including memory challenges, problems with focus and concentration, or emotional disturbances.
Victims with traumatic brain injury may also notice changed sleep patterns, headaches, or tunnel vision, especially immediately after the accident.
Other Car Accident Injuries May Include:
- Back and neck injuries. Many severe accidents result in significant back and neck injuries, including spinal cord injuries. Back and neck injuries can cause ongoing pain and weakness. Some victims with back injuries have a hard time sitting through the day, while others may struggle more with performing normal physical activities, including standing and lifting. Complete spinal cord injuries can lead to paralysis below the site of the injury.
- Amputations. In some cases, severe accidents can cause damage that results in limb amputation. Amputees may need ongoing occupational therapy to learn how to cope with the missing limb. They may also choose to use prosthetic devices which, while they help restore independence and mobility, can cause ongoing costs in the victim’s life.
- Burns. Severe burns can cause immense pain and lifelong disfigurement for the victim. Burn victims also suffer a high rate of complication, which means that they may need to spend a long time in a burn unit during recovery.
- Broken bones. Broken bones and dislocations can cause immense pain for the victim. They may also, especially in the case of multiple broken bones, require several surgeries to fully treat those injuries. Many victims with broken bones need help engaging in self-care tasks or cannot handle their usual work responsibilities.
How Much Compensation Do You Deserve After an Accident in Woodbury?
You suffered serious injuries. You have immense medical bills. How much compensation do you really deserve for those injuries, and how should you pursue it?
Your compensation may depend on several key factors. Talk to an experienced Woodbury personal injury attorney to get a better idea of the compensation you should really expect after an accident that results in severe injuries.
The Liable Party in Your Woodbury Accident
Many entities carry liability insurance, which provides much-needed compensation for the victims of accidents caused by those entities. Most premises owners, for example, carry premises liability insurance, while most doctors and medical facilities carry medical malpractice insurance. These insurance policies may alleviate some of the financial suffering associated with your accident, but they can also impose limits on the compensation you can receive. Talk to an attorney for a review of the policy that covers your accident.
Your Medical Expenses
Your medical bills will typically depend on the extent of your injuries and the care you need to make a recovery. You should track all medical bills related to your injuries so that you can provide an accurate picture of all medical treatment you received after your accident, including both emergency medical treatment and long-term care for your injuries.
Your Lost Wages
You may have missed a great deal of time at work because of your injuries, leaving you without a source of income while you navigate the road to recovery. Those financial losses can prove catastrophic for many individuals. An attorney can help you calculate the value of those lost wages to include as part of your personal injury claim.
Your Pain and Suffering
You may suffer considerable physical pain related to your accident. Your injuries may also leave you dealing with considerable emotional anguish as you miss the ability to engage in your favorite hobbies, to spend time with friends and loved ones, or even to care for yourself. An attorney can help you evaluate how to include pain and suffering as a critical part of your personal injury claim.
The Liable Party in a Woodbury Accident
Many people wonder how they can correctly identify the party that caused their accident. In general, the liable party must have a duty of care to you at the time of the accident, violate that duty of care in some way, and cause your injuries due to that violation. Contact an attorney to learn more about how to identify any party that may have caused or contributed to your injuries.
Woodbury Personal Injury FAQs
If you have further questions about your accident and your right to compensation, take a look at the FAQ below.
1. If someone else causes my Woodbury personal injury, does that party have to pay my medical bills?
In general, as the injured party, you will need to make arrangements to pay your own medical bills. If you suffered injuries in a workplace accident, however, you may have grounds for a workers’ compensation claim. In a workers’ compensation claim, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance may pay your medical expenses directly.
If you suffered injuries in a non-workplace accident, on the other hand, you will have to pay your own medical bills. Filing a personal injury claim can help give you the money you need to pay those bills and seek the medical care you need.
2. How do I know who caused my Woodbury personal injury?
To determine who caused the accident that resulted in your injuries, your attorney will evaluate three key questions.
- Who bore a duty of care to you at the time of the accident? To assess whether you have grounds for a personal injury claim, an attorney will start by assessing who bore a duty of care to you at the time of the accident. If you trespass, for example, you may not have grounds for a personal injury claim, because the liable party had no reason to expect your presence on the property. Likewise, if you entered an employee-only area of a store, you might not have grounds for an injury suffered there. On the other hand, if you suffered injuries in the general area of a store, or if you suffered injuries as a guest on someone else’s property, that entity might have borne a duty of care to you.
- How did that individual or entity violate that duty of care? Suppose you need to file a medical malpractice claim against a doctor. He failed to properly diagnose and treat your injuries, leading you to suffer longer than necessary and ultimately leading to complications in your recovery. That doctor violated his duty of care to you as his patient by failing to put together the information about your injuries and treat you correctly. If you suffered injuries in a car accident, the other driver may have violated his duty of care to you by speeding, getting distracted behind the wheel, or driving aggressively.
- How did that violation result in your injuries? To show that you have grounds for a personal injury claim, you will need to establish that the other party’s negligence led to your injuries. Suppose, for example, that your neighbor failed to properly leash her dog. The dog got away from her while on a walk and barked at you, but did not attack you, which means that you did not suffer injuries and, therefore, that you do not have grounds for a personal injury claim. On the other hand, if the dog did attack you, causing serious injuries, you can file a personal injury claim against the dog’s owner.
3. How should I protect my legal rights after a Woodbury personal injury?
Following an accident due to the negligence of another party, the steps you take can help protect your right to compensation. First, make sure that you report the accident to the relevant entity. If you suffer injuries in a car accident, for example, you should report the accident to the police. If you end up in the hospital before the police arrive, they may come to the hospital to take a statement. If you suffer injuries at a place of business, you should report the accident to the business as soon as possible.
Next, seek medical attention immediately. Do not wait to seek medical attention after a serious accident, since you could miss the presence of severe injuries or even make your injuries worse. Seeking medical attention will also provide you with a vital record of what injuries you suffered in the accident and when it took place, which can help as you file your personal injury claim.
Finally, contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
4. Do I need an attorney to help with a Woodbury personal injury claim?
Many accident victims find that working with an attorney can help increase the compensation they receive and the speed at which the liable party processes their claim. Hiring an attorney shows that you plan to take your claim seriously and that you will aggressively pursue the compensation you really deserve for your injuries.
Working with an attorney, however, does not just help streamline the claim process. An attorney can also collect evidence, put together a highly compelling claim that will increase the likelihood that you will get the compensation you deserve, support you, and lower your stress levels throughout your claim. In addition, an attorney can deal with the insurance company for you, which may leave you dealing with less stress.
5. How long does it take to receive compensation after I file my Woodbury personal injury claim?
You may need to go through several rounds of negotiation before you receive compensation for your injuries. The insurance company that covers the liable party will attempt to lower the settlement offer, while your attorney will work with you to raise it to reflect the compensation you really deserve. The more rounds of negotiation you must go through, the longer it can take to get the funds from your personal injury claim in hand.
If you have to go to court, it can take even longer to receive that compensation. That does not mean, however, that you should accept less than you deserve. Those rounds of negotiation can help increase your odds of securing the compensation you really need for your injuries.
Call Our Woodbury Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you suffered serious injuries due to the negligence of another party, our experienced Woodbury personal injury attorneys can provide multiple advantages to your claim.
With 20 team members in nine locations throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota, Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers strive to be more than just legal professionals in the communities we serve. As committed members of the Woodbury community, we ensure that when an injured person hires Nicolet Law, they aren’t just treated as just another case file: They are family, and we aspire to achieve the best outcome possible. If you need assistance after a personal injury somewhere in Woodbury, our passionate Woodbury personal injury lawyers can help you. For a free case evaluation, contact us online or by calling 651-358-2531.
724 Bielenberg Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125