If someone else’s negligence turns your life upside down, leaving you with serious injuries and financial concerns, you should always seek the assistance of a Roseville personal injury lawyer to help navigate the legal process. You have important legal rights as an injury victim, but exercising these rights can be more challenging than you might imagine.
While dealing with injuries, medical treatment, and bills coming in, the last thing you should attempt is to battle insurance companies alone. Instead, if you are in the Roseville area, look no further than our trusted personal injury attorneys. We handle every step of the process so you can focus on what is most important: your physical recovery.
With over 100 years of combined legal experience, the lawyers at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers are committed to providing effective, client-focused service to injured victims in Roseville and other parts of Minnesota.
Our team of lawyers has a longstanding reputation for excellence and professionalism in personal injury law. We have a record of successfully obtaining multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts for injured clients. Our lawyers treat every client we represent with the dignity and empathy they deserve, which is evident from the reviews and testimonials of our clients.
We are prepared to dedicate the time and energy necessary to get to know you personally and comprehend the intricacies of your case. Contact our office for your free case evaluation with our Roseville personal injury lawyers. Call our office to get started today.
Why Choose Us?
A severe injury can be a life-changing experience. It can drain you physically, emotionally, and financially. That is why you need to choose a lawyer at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers who will tenaciously advocate for justice in your case and work to pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
But you may wonder, “Why should I choose your law firm from the hundreds of law firms that provide personal injury law services in Minnesota?”
We believe our qualifications and accolades are the answer:
- Decades of experience. Experience matters when it comes to representing people dealing with life-altering circumstances by the negligence of others. At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, our lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience providing legal representation to injured victims in Roseville and other parts of Minnesota.
- Top results. Our team has recovered multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients. We are willing to use our legal experience to obtain the most favorable results possible for you.
- National and local recognition. Some of the most prestigious legal groups and organizations have recognized our lawyers, including Avvo, Martindale-Hubbell, the American Bar Association, Minnesota Super Lawyers, and others.
- Personalized service. We are committed to providing clients with the personalized attention and support they need and always consider each client’s needs when crafting legal strategies for them.
- Contingency fee. At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we represent clients on a contingency fee basis so that every client can get quality representation without any upfront costs and out-of-pocket expenses.
Our law firm has seven offices in Minnesota, including one in Roseville. Our Roseville office address is 1700 South Highway 36 Service Drive #220, across the road from Rosedale Center.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in Roseville, Minnesota
Statistically speaking, about 40 million people visit the emergency department with unintentional injuries every year. Many of these injuries are minor and present no danger to life, while others can be life-changing or even life-threatening. Regardless of how an injury occurs, the injured victim may be entitled to financial compensation by pursuing a personal injury case.
The common personal injury cases our lawyers at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers handle are:
- Car accidents. Every year, about 2.5 million Americans suffer injuries in automobile accidents. The severity of injuries varies greatly depending on the type of collision, the speed of the vehicles, and other factors.
- Truck accidents. Road accidents involving large trucks, including 18-wheelers, semi-trucks, and tractor-trailers, tend to be the most devastating and have the potential to cause catastrophic injuries or deaths.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle riders and their passengers are more likely to suffer life-altering or fatal injuries because solid metal barriers, airbags, and seatbelts do not protect their bodies.
- Other motor vehicle accidents. A crash involving any motor vehicle, including snowmobiles, can result in preventable injuries when someone is negligent while operating or maintaining the vehicle.
- Dog bites. If someone’s dog attacks or bites a person, that person can often hold the dog's owner strictly liable for their injuries in Minnesota.
- Wrongful death. When accidents become tragic, and victims do not survive, our firm represents grieving family members in seeking justice and compensation for their devastating loss.
At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we give every case the personal care and attention it deserves. Our Roseville personal injury lawyer is committed to fighting for fair and just compensation on your behalf to cover your expenses and deal with all the hardships that have taken a toll on your life.
Personal Injury Compensation
The compensation you can recover when filing a personal injury claim depends on your case.
However, recoverable damages in an injury claim generally fall into three categories:
- Economic damages. These damages compensate the injured victim for financial losses and hardships. Examples include medical bills, missed days at work (loss of income), loss of future earnings, property damage, household services, out-of-pocket expenses, and others.
- Non-economic damages. This category of damages aims to compensate the injured victim for losses that are not financial. Examples include emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, pain and suffering, disfigurement, loss of consortium, and more.
- Punitive damages. In Minnesota, these damages are available to individuals who have suffered an injury due to another party’s deliberate disregard for the safety of others (Minnesota Statute § 549.20). Punitive damages can punish the defendant and deter them from engaging in similar behavior.
You may need the assistance of a lawyer to calculate the value of these damages, especially non-economic damages, which tend to be the hardest to put a dollar figure on. The concept of personal injury law is to return the injured victim to their position before the injury as much as possible.
Proving a Personal Injury Claim
Most personal injury claims arise when someone acts negligently. Negligence is conduct that deviates from what a reasonable person would have done in a similar situation.
One can use the theory of negligence to prove a personal injury claim by establishing these four elements:
- Duty of care. The first step in proving negligence is establishing that the defendant (the negligent party) had a legal duty of care towards the plaintiff (the injured party). This duty means that the defendant was responsible for acting reasonably and avoiding any foreseeable harm to the plaintiff. For example, car drivers have a duty of care towards other drivers, pedestrians, and their property.
- Breach of duty. A breach means that the defendant failed to act reasonably under the circumstances or behaved negligently. For example, a car driver fails to obey traffic rules when he runs a stop sign.
- Causation. As the name implies, this element involves proving that the defendant’s actions caused the plaintiff’s injuries. Proving causation can be tricky and often requires expert opinions, medical records, and other evidence to establish a linkage between the defendant’s behavior and the plaintiff’s injuries. For example, testimony from a witness who says the defendant ran a stop sign and collided with the plaintiff’s car can help prove causation.
- Damages. The plaintiff must demonstrate that they have suffered damages due to the defendant’s actions. These hardships can include physical injury, emotional distress, lost income, medical expenses, or property damages.
If you believe you suffered an injury because of someone else’s negligent behavior, our Roseville personal injury lawyer at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers will work tirelessly to prove the elements of your injury claim to ensure the best possible outcome.
Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers team answers hundreds of questions from existing and prospective clients during consultations. Some of these questions repeat themselves, so we put together this FAQ to clarify some basic things about personal injury law:
What is the insurance company’s role in my personal injury claim?
When someone suffers an injury, they will likely turn to their insurance company as the primary source of compensation. However, insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind, so they may come up with various reasons to deny your claim or pay you as little as possible.
You need a lawyer when dealing with the insurer to protect your right to fair compensation.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Minnesota?
Minnesota’s statute of limitations for torts resulting in personal injury is more generous than most states. Under Minnesota Statute § 541.05, most injured victims have six years after the injury to file a lawsuit, though some exceptions may apply to the six-year deadline.
How do I know if I have a personal injury case?
One consultation with a lawyer is usually enough to understand whether or not you have a valid compensation claim.
A lawyer will review the circumstances surrounding your accident and determine the validity of your legal claim. If you do, your lawyer will help you make informed decisions about how to proceed in your case.
How much will it cost to hire a Roseville personal injury lawyer?
Legal representation costs vary from one case to another and from one law firm to another.
Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers charge clients on a contingency fee basis. This arrangement means that a client pays nothing unless the lawyer secures a favorable outcome for the client.
How Can a Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer Help?
The results-driven and compassionate lawyers at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers are well-positioned to build a strong claim and navigate the complexities of personal injury law.
We understand that the aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming, and we will work tirelessly to pursue the compensation you need to recover.
While you rest and focus on healing, our Roseville personal injury lawyer will handle all aspects of your case, including:
- Investigating the accident to collect and preserve all available pieces of evidence
- Determining liable parties
- Working with experts to calculate what amount of compensation is fair
- Negotiating with the insurance company to defend your best interests
- Filing a lawsuit against the liable party and taking care of all related paperwork
- Representing your case at trial before a judge or jury
Swift action after getting injured is critical to the success of your personal injury claim. Investigating and building a strong case takes time and effort, so it is best to start working with a lawyer immediately. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the more they can do for you.
Speak with a Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer Today
You might have a valid personal injury case if you have suffered an injury because of another individual or entity's negligent actions (or inaction). However, you should discuss the specifics of your case with a lawyer first.
Our team at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers is ready to listen to your story, examine the facts of your case, and explain what compensation you may deserve.
We have a reputation for being responsive to our client's needs and providing personalized legal services to every person we represent. Our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis, and we only charge clients for our services if we win. If you reach out to us, you have nothing to lose but so much to gain.
We can walk you through the entire legal process and take care of your case's legal aspects while you focus on your recovery and rehabilitation.
Get in touch with our Roseville personal injury lawyers today by calling (651) 867-4853.