We Help Injured People in Difficult Situations
Your Attorneys When You Are Injured in Bismarck, ND
When someone injures you or a loved one, you don’t want just any attorney representing you. You want someone who will go to battle for you, who won’t back down until you get the justice you deserve.
We don't just settle cases. When we need to, we fight them in court and win. We have the skills, experience, and passion to take on insurance companies, corporations, and other powerful opponents, and fight to the end.
We will make a difference in your case. Contact a Bismarck personal injury lawyer at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers to see how we can help and find out if we are the right firm for you.
- We Help Injured People in Difficult Situations
- Why Choose Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers for Your Personal Injury Case?
- 5 Ways Our Bismarck Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Right Now
- Some Personal Injury Cases We Take
- North Dakota Personal Injury Laws Affecting Your Case
- Fighting for Your Compensation in Bismarck
- Contact a Bismarck Personal Injury Attorney
Why Choose Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers for Your Personal Injury Case?
At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we aim to put our clients in a better position than when they came to us. We understand the physical and emotional toll a personal injury can have on someone.
No matter how challenging a case may seem, we will always provide the best legal representation possible.
- Over $55 million recovered for our clients. When someone injures you, you need positive results. When you are struggling with physical pain, emotional trauma, and mounting medical bills, you shouldn’t have to worry about how to provide for yourself and your loved ones. With experience, skills, and hard work, we have recovered over $55 million for our clients in personal injury cases through jury verdicts and settlements. Seeing how those recoveries have improved our clients' lives makes us even happier. Our clients are why we work to hold insurance companies accountable and fight for the financial compensation our clients need and deserve.
- We take cases other attorneys turn away. Everyone at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers believes every client deserves a fair chance at compensation for their personal injury. We often take on difficult cases that other lawyers reject because we take the time to thoroughly investigate every detail to develop a winning strategy. Our history of success with these cases speaks for itself. Tough cases showcase our dedication to achieving the best possible outcomes for our clients. Not only do we take cases that other attorneys refuse, but we win them too.
- Voted best personal injury law firm. A recent reader’s poll named Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers the Best Personal Injury Attorney. Every attorney at our firm has the drive to improve. We never stop learning and continually add to our extensive knowledge of personal injury law by staying up to date with the latest developments and cases. In addition, the National Trial Lawyers Association awarded us Top Attorneys, and the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys named us to its Top 10 Attorneys. SuperLawyers, 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, and Million Dollar Advocates have all recognized our personal injury lawyers.
- The strength of our core values:
- We care. Another core value is we care about you, your family, and the success of your case. We don't represent the big corporations. We represent individuals from the community of Bismarck. No two injuries are the same. We do not use a cookie-cutter approach to cases. We treat each client as a unique individual. A Bismarck personal injury attorney who cares about their clients will fight to protect their interests.
- We win. Another core value we have at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers is we win. That doesn't mean just winning a trial or getting the maximum settlement—it means we get what our client needs. Whatever result we achieve, we tailor it to the client.
- Be the best. We set the bar very high for every client that hires us after an accident. We want our clients to look back at the end of their cases and realize they made the best decision to hire Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers.
5 Ways Our Bismarck Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Right Now
- Schedule a free consultation: We offer a free consultation to help you understand your legal rights and options as soon as possible. Additionally, we want to get to know you and help you reach your personal injury goals. We can even conduct a consultation on the same day you contact us and meet you in the hospital or at your home so you don't have to wait to get the legal help you need.
- Help you find the right doctors: Getting the right medical care is crucial for your recovery after an injury. We can help you find trusted doctors specializing in treating your injury. We want to ensure you receive the care you need without worrying about medical bills.
- Communicate with insurance companies: Claims adjusters use tactics and tricks to reduce your settlement. We'll handle all communications and stressful and confusing negotiations with insurance companies and other parties for you.
- Investigate the accident: To build a strong case, we gather evidence and investigate the accident. This may include visiting the accident scene, interviewing witnesses, and collecting all relevant information to build a strong case. Our team of experienced investigators and accident reconstruction experts know how to uncover the facts to help your case.
- Represent you in court: If negotiations with the insurance company break down, we can take your personal injury lawsuit to court. We have a long record of successfully litigating personal injury cases. We prepare every case from the beginning as if we must present your case in front of a judge or jury.
Some Personal Injury Cases We Take
At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we handle various accident injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Dog bites and attacks
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Defective products
- Work injury accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Oil field accidents
We are committed to providing injured people the comprehensive legal assistance to work through the claims process and pursue the compensation they need.
“I know what clients are worth and I’m always ready for the gloves to come off. I’m ready for the fight because it’s the only way to get meaningful results for my clients.”—Russell D. Nicolet, Esq.
North Dakota Personal Injury Laws Affecting Your Case
North Dakota is a no-fault state when it comes to car accidents. This means that regardless of who caused the accident, each driver’s own insurance company must first pay for medical expenses and other losses up to the policy limits.
No-fault insurance should streamline the claims process and avoid lengthy court battles over fault and liability. In North Dakota, drivers must carry minimum no-fault insurance coverage, including $25,000 per person for bodily injury, $50,000 per accident for bodily injury, and $25,000 for property damage.
No-fault insurance in North Dakota does not cover all damages, such as pain and suffering. However, drivers can still file a lawsuit to recover these damages under certain circumstances.
North Dakota drivers need to understand their insurance coverage and their legal rights in the event of a car accident. Our Bismarck personal injury attorneys can provide guidance and support throughout the often confusing claims process.
Deadline to File a Lawsuit
- Personal injuries. The statute of limitations for most personal injury claims, including car accidents and slip and falls, is six years from the injury.
- Medical malpractice. For medical malpractice claims, the statute of limitations is two years from the injury or the date you discovered or should have discovered the injury, but in no event more than six years from the alleged act or omission giving rise to the injury.
- Wrongful death. For wrongful death claims, the statute of limitations is two years from the death.
Exceptions may apply to these deadlines, so please call us today. Missing these deadlines can result in losing all the compensation you would otherwise deserve.
Fighting for Your Compensation in Bismarck
People pay insurance premiums so they can collect money after an accident. The problem is that an insurance company will often prioritize its profits over your well-being. Insurance adjusters might claim to protect your best interests, but in reality, they minimize settlement offers to save their company money.
As a result, insurance companies often exploit unrepresented claimants. For example, they may misinterpret things you say during recorded statements to reduce your settlement. They may offer a low amount to settle your claim—and financial stress might tempt you into accepting it—but later on you’ll discover a low settlement won't cover all of your losses.
Insurance companies don’t work for you. We work for you.
When speaking with insurance companies, remember they can use even casual conversations to deny or minimize your claim.
Decline to give a statement and let our Bismarck personal injury attorneys handle all communications. Our experienced attorneys know how to deal with insurance companies, and we can protect your rights throughout the process.
Furthermore, consult our Bismarck personal injury lawyers before accepting a settlement offer. Settling for too little money may result in you needing to cover the rest of your losses, even if you didn’t know the full value of your injuries when you agreed to the settlement.
Our attorneys can avoid this situation by evaluating your case and negotiating with the insurance company for you. Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you - contact Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers today, and we’ll fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Bismarck Personal Injury Attorney
When someone else’s negligence injures you, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. Injured people commonly don’t know their rights or how much compensation they deserve.
We know that injured people have trouble sleeping and suffer through many aches, pains, and discomfort. A severe injury can put you out of work and even disable you.
At this challenging time, we are here to make the process as stress-free as possible. At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we believe that you should focus on your recovery without worrying about the legal complexities of your case.
Let us handle the legal aspects of your claim while you focus on getting better. Contact us today for your free consultation with our knowledgeable personal injury lawyers. We can explain your legal options and guide you through the process. Call us today at 1-855-NICOLET and take the first step toward getting the compensation and the justice you deserve.