About Nicolet Law Office
Are you a self-starter with a passion for collaboration and helping others?
Are you interested in a position with opportunities to learn and grow cross-functionally in the legal industry?
Nicolet Law Office is a trusted name for Midwesterners that have been injured in an accident and are seeking legal services during a stressful time. Our team is unrivaled in experience, compassion, and tenacity in fighting for our clients.
Our Mission: Provide access to game-changing, award-winning, legal representation that helps and empowers all of our clients.
Our Goal: To be the best law injury firm in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
We are a fast-growing law firm that specializes in Personal Injury and Worker’s Compensation. Dedicated and compassionate team members help clients get through difficult hardships with dignity and ease. By investing in our employees’ wellbeing and professional development, we’ve created a positive and fun environment that fosters satisfying careers and ultimately better serves our clients. We have offices in Wisconsin and Minnesota and offer flexible hybrid working opportunities.
Everyone who interacts with our firm, as a client, employee, vendor, or total stranger, can be expected to be treated with kindness, respect, and dignity. Compassion is at the heart of why we do what we do.
We welcome and seek out opportunities to learn from, enrich, and give back to the communities we serve and each other every day.
We take ownership and accountability because we are genuinely invested and have a responsibility to ourselves, our clients, our communities, and our coworkers.
We deliver the best possible results for each and every client whether via settlement or trial to ensure they walk away knowing Nicolet Law Office was the best choice.
We Never Stop Getting Better
We strive and challenge each other to improve every single day, personally as individuals and collectively as a firm.
Three Pillars of Culture
Our culture focuses on the three pillars of caring about our Clients, Community, and Coworkers. Our team embraces every opportunity to benefits each of the pillars.
A client comes to us during one of the most stressful and difficult times in their life. We take the time to get to know them and their case so we can ease their burden, provide clarity, and ultimately earn them the best possible results.
We make a positive difference in our community—not just through the advocacy for injured individuals, but through volunteering, sponsorships, donations, and celebrations. When we champion our community, we champion ourselves.
NLO is nothing without its team. We create an environment of emotional, physical, and psychological safety and wellbeing through mutual respect, welcoming spaces, and competitive compensation. All company initiatives aim to make NLO a better place to work.
We have many convenient locations across Wisconsin and Minnesota to service our clients, and we keep our main offices In Eau Claire, Hudson, and Minneapolis fully staffed. We are always looking for regional talent to expand into any of our office locations!
Our Nicolet Family,
Dedicated To Helping Yours.
If you are interested in working for us, send a copy of your resume, position(s) of interest if applicable, and why you’d like to work at Nicolet Law to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our company is seeking a full-time personal injury Paralegal with minimum 2 years legal experience. The ideal candidate will have an interest in writing and legal research along with an overall desire to help our clients and the community.
This individual will communicate frequently with clients and will help the attorney manage client files in their initial stages including opening insurance claims, ordering and processing medical records, and drafting demands. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for drafting and filing pleadings, along with assisting the attorney in preparing cases for trial.
- Conduct legal research
- Order medical records and obtain outstanding balances and liens
- Communicate with clients, insurance providers, medical professionals, and attorneys regarding cases via phone, email, and mail
- Set up insurance claims with adjusters
- Draft medical summaries and demand letters
- Manage attorney’s calendar
- Draft, proofread, and format correspondences and legal documents
- Upload documents and organize and maintain digital casefiles and matters
- Assist attorney with the drafting and filings of pleadings
- Assist attorney in the preparation of trial
- Associate's degree in paralegal studies, a paralegal certificate, or a Bachelor's degree in any field preferred
- 2+ years legal experience required
- Detail-oriented, responsible, and organized
- Self-starter who has the ability to work as part of a team and independently, manage and prioritize multiple projects with accuracy, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Comfortable speaking on the phone
- Demonstrates the highest level of professionalism and customer service; ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
Personal Injury Attorney
Eau Claire, WI; Milwaukee, WI; Hudson, WI; New Richmond, WI; Rice Lake, WI; Superior, WI; Wausau, WI; River Falls, WI; Green Bay, WI; La Crosse, WI; Hibbing, MN; Rochester, MN; Duluth, MN; Woodbury, MN; Minneapolis, MN
The ideal candidate will enjoy collaborating with a team, have an interest in helping people, and have a wealth of knowledge in the Personal Injury field.
- Consults with clients to determine details and merits of cases
- Conducts research using legislation, case law, and other legal texts
- Drafts and review legal documents including statements, contracts, reports
- Represents clients at meetings, hearings, and trials
- Mentors new attorneys
- Oversees legal team consisting of 1-2 paralegals and/or legal assistants
- Communicates with client proactively
- Reports to Managing Attorney
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in Minnesota and/or Wisconsin
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- 3-10 years experience practicing law in personal injury