When people tell me that I don’t sound like a lawyer… I take that as a compliment.
I know people don’t typically think of lawyers as personable or down-to-earth. But I come from a family that values authenticity and sacrifice – when you genuinely care about something, it’s not about keeping appearances or maintaining a façade. It’s about working hard for the things and the people you care about.
My dad worked for UPS for years and was dedicated to the work. He’d get there early and stay late to make sure the job got done, and that it was a job well done. I learned from him that there’s no better substitute than putting in the time and effort.
And that’s exactly what we do for our clients. They trust us to take care of their needs, and that’s a responsibility we take very seriously.
I was the first person in my family to graduate from law school.
I knew that becoming a lawyer was the best way I could serve my community and the people I care about.
I started Nicolet Law back in 2007, and I was so proud when all my younger siblings went to college and decided to join the firm. My brothers Adam and Ben were the second and third lawyers at Nicolet Law and my sister Holly was one of the early paralegals. Eventually even our mom joined us after decades of experience as a Registered Nurse.
We all know what’s been said about working with family. But for me, as a business owner, there’s no one I trust more than the people I know best.
I have filled the office with people who have share the same values and work ethic – people who truly care about the clients we serve. People who are so smart they could be working for much bigger firms in much bigger cities… but who choose to be right here with us, putting in the work for our clients.
Putting in the work means going the distance.
I’m a runner and running has gotten me through some of my toughest times. Even when it gets below freezing, I push myself to run. I run directly out to a point so that there is only one way back. There is no shortcut or easy route back.
Whether I’m running outside on the pavement or running a trial inside the courtroom, I know it’s going to be a fight and I know it it’s going to be tough every time. But I also know that the things that are tough are the things worth fighting for.
I can’t stand seeing people get taken advantage of, and when I take on a case for our clients, I’m all in.
Most of my cases don’t settle at mediation because I know what clients are worth and I’m always ready for the gloves to come off. I’m ready for the fight because it’s the only way to get meaningful results for my clients.
So, I embrace the work, embrace the challenge, and meet it head-on.
Founding And Growing Nicolet Law Office, S.C.
At Nicolet Law, we know that real, lasting change requires work. It requires sacrifice.
And we know that work is worth it in the end – for our clients, and for ourselves.
Get a Free Case Evaluation
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. – 01/2007
- University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- Wisconsin, 2007
- Minnesota, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2011
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2007
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Minnesota, 2011
Russell has been interviewed by numerous national media outlets, and has been quoted in well-known publications such as Forbes, Entrepreneur, Inc., Today.com, The Huffington Post, and Today.com.
- Today.com – What’s The Most Effective Way To Handle Personal Injury?
- Huffington Post – What Makes Winners Win When Most Fail?
- Forbes.com – 5 Packaging Design Must-Dos For Mass Consumer Appeal
- Inc.com – These 4 Productivity Tips Will Save You Time And Sanity (Go Ahead, Take a Break Without Your Phone)
- Entrepreneur.com – 5 Simple Daily Tasks That Will Improve Your Productivity
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Present
- Minnesota Bar Association, Present
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Present
- St. Croix Valley Bar Association, Present
- Eau Claire Bar Association , Present
- Better Business Bureau , Present
- American Bar Association, Present
- National Trial Lawyers Association