Injuries can happen to anyone, but when an injury occurs because of the negligence of another party, you may be eligible for compensation for your losses in a personal injury case. Personal injuries due to negligence can happen anywhere in Fargo or surrounding areas. You may not even realize the daily risk you face as you go about your routine until an accident happens.
Whether you are on your daily commute along U.S. 10 or I-94 when a car accident occurs, you sustain an injury while on the job, or you suffer a slip and fall accident while visiting your neighborhood Walmart, Menards, or Hornbacher's, the threat of a personal injury accident can lurk in places you least expect. After a personal injury accident, you can suffer serious injuries that cause you pain and discomfort and complicate your day-to-day life.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you might lose work or cannot care for those who depend on you. The significant intrusion on your life, the need for expensive medical care, and having an injury that can affect your ability to earn an income can leave you facing overwhelming circumstances in the aftermath of an injury.
A Fargo personal injury lawyer at Nicolet Accident & Injury Lawyers can help you through this difficult time by helping you figure out what compensation you may be eligible for under the law and fighting on your behalf against the parties responsible.
Why Choose Nicolet Accident & Injury Lawyers for Your Personal Injury Claim?
At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we fight to get compensation for our clients who suffer personal injuries at the hands of another person or entity. We understand how an unexpected injury can throw your life upside down and wreak havoc on your finances.
Personal injury accidents can leave victims feeling uncertain about their future not only because of their injuries but because of the consequences those injuries have on their ability to meet their daily responsibilities and the mounting medical bills that can follow. We want to help each of our clients seek justice and support them by filing a claim or lawsuit for your losses against the insurance company or parties responsible.
Our attorneys at Nicolet Law have decades of experience handling all facets of personal injury cases and fighting for successful client results. We offer a personalized free case consultation to discuss your case, injuries, and what you can expect.
Hiring a lawyer from Nicolet Law can provide you peace of mind and the ability to concentrate your energy and efforts on rehabilitating your injuries. At the same time, we take on your legal case.
Our results speak for themselves:
- $2.6 million verdict for a client suffering an injury at a local retail store
- $1.2 million settlement for a victim of burn injuries in a motor vehicle accident
- $1.1 million settlement for a pedestrian suffering severe injuries from a driver
What Is Your Fargo Personal Injury Case Worth?
Not all personal injury cases are the same, and determining what your case is worth can be complex. Our team can thoroughly analyze and account for all of your losses after a personal injury accident to fight for the maximum compensation possible through a claim or lawsuit.
Although it is not possible for us to predict with absolute accuracy what amount of money, if any, you will receive in your claim, we can discuss what we believe you can expect based on our extensive experience in handling personal injury claims and the unique factors of your case.
The damages in a personal injury case can include:
- Medical expenses. The cost of the treatment of your injuries, your rehabilitation, and future medical expenses you may incur due to a personal injury accident can and should be part of a personal injury claim. Undervaluing these losses could result in a financial burden to you in the future when the payout from an insurance company is not enough to meet your needs. A personal injury lawyer at Nicolet Law will ensure that you fight for the maximum compensation for your medical losses to avoid this situation whenever possible.
- Loss of your income. When an accident takes away your ability to work, the financial repercussions can add up quickly and cause severe hardships. We can help you fight for those losses, and future impacts on your income due to injury, such as when you develop a disability that limits your ability to continue to work in the same field or your ability to work entirely.
- Pain and suffering. A personal injury accident can make a profound impact on your well-being. The impact on your physical health, the suffering you endure due to the accident, and in some cases, the medical treatment, which can be very difficult and painful, are grounds to seek damages for pain and suffering in a personal injury case. Additionally, victims can pursue compensation for emotional or mental distress they endure and develop during and after a personal injury accident.
- Property damage. In a car accident, you can recover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle, and our lawyers can help you seek compensation for those losses.
Personal Injury Accidents in Fargo
No personal injury accident will play out identically to another. You may sustain an accident injury while in a vehicle due to another driver's negligence, or you could suffer an injury because a property owner failed to maintain their property. You may suffer a personal injury in different circumstances when you live or work in Fargo or travel through the area on business or leisure.
A personal injury can occur include:
- On interstates, roadways, neighborhood roads, or parking lots
- In retail stores like grocery stores, hardware stores, or mega stores
- At other public locations such as theaters, arenas, stadiums, and entertainment venues
- Workplaces such as offices, educational institutions, commercial buildings, and work sites
- A private property where you are a guest, such as a home or other property
Personal Injury Matters We Handle at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers
Our team of attorneys has experience handling a wide range of personal injury accidents and representing clients with injuries of varying severity. If you suffer an injury because of another person or party, we can help you.
We represent our clients in these personal injury cases:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian or bicycling accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
- Product liability
Common Injuries in a Personal Injury Accident
The types of injury you sustain in a personal injury accident can affect your health and future. In some cases, victims may sustain multiple injuries, which makes your recovery even more difficult and costly.
Injuries that develop due to an accident can cause pain, complications, and chronic symptoms you may continue to face long after the accident. Treating a personal injury can include emergency services, hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, specialized equipment, support, or other interventions.
Injuries that can occur in a personal injury accident due to negligence include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other injuries to the head, neck, or back
- Deep cuts
- Tears, strains, or ruptures of ligaments, tendons, and muscles
- Nerve injury
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Crush injuries
- Development of an illness due to exposure
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
How Might Insurance Companies Handle a Personal Injury Claim?
An insurance policy may cover your damages for a personal injury accident.
For example, in a car accident, there may be vehicle liability insurance for a slip and fall, a commercial liability policy or homeowner's policy may cover a victim's losses, or if you suffer an injury because of a defective product, a manufacturer's policy may cover your damages. However, a policy does not equate to getting the compensation you need for your losses.
All insurance companies have to protect their bottom line, and they will not agree to pay the maximum compensation for your damages if they can avoid doing so. Having a lawyer that can help you deal with the insurance companies and is not afraid to aggressively negotiate a settlement on your behalf can significantly increase your chances of a successful outcome of your personal injury claim and case.
At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we fight for the best interests of our clients. We can represent you throughout the claims process, negotiations, and a lawsuit should one become necessary.
What to Do if You Suffer a Personal Injury in Fargo?
It is not something you expect to happen to you. A personal injury accident can throw off the plans and financial stability of even the most prepared individuals. When you suffer an injury due to the negligence of others, you face challenges and obstacles you did not anticipate or prepare for.
As you navigate your personal injuries, knowing what to expect and what you can do to put yourself in the best position possible can help you protect your rights.
Go to All Follow-Up Medical Appointments
Medical care is essential to the healing process of any personal injury. However, the initial emergency care you receive is only the beginning of the process. As a victim of a personal injury, you must remain involved and informed and keep your doctors aware of your injuries, any complications that may arise, and your rehabilitation.
Continue to meet all appointments, therapies, and follow any other advice from your doctors to achieve the best healing possible for your injuries. In some instances, when the injuries cause permanent damage or chronic condition, medical care and support may become a part of your everyday life and routine.
Maintain a Journal to Help You Recollect Developments in Your Recovery
Keeping a journal where you can write down important developments about your injuries and the healing process is a beneficial resource and tool as your case progresses. Remembering key details and facts will grow harder with time.
Personal injury accidents that involve severe injuries and elevated levels of compensatory damages can take longer to settle or resolve. A journal can make it easier to remember important information later in your case if necessary.
Collect Evidence You Come Across After a Personal Injury Accident
After the accident, during your medical treatment, and after an injury, you may accumulate documents and records relevant to your personal injury claim. Gather all this information in one place and add to it when you receive new evidence. Provide your lawyer with a copy of these records when preparing and building your claim.
Contact Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Consultation
Our attorneys and staff at Nicolet Law want to help the victims of personal injuries move forward and fight for the compensation the law may entitle them to. Hiring a lawyer after a personal injury accident is one of the first steps you should take to protect your rights and hold the parties responsible accountable for the harm done to you.
Hire Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers to Fight for Your Compensation After a Personal Injury in Fargo
We are here to take your call at 1-855-NICOLET. We offer a free consultation to victims of personal injury accidents. We can help you determine your rights after an injury, who you can hold responsible, and whether we can help you with your claim. Contact us to discuss your case, your injuries, and how much compensation you deserve.
Nicolet Law- Fargo Office:
1630 1st Ave N Suite B
Fargo, ND 58102-4246