An on-the-job injury can leave you out of work for weeks or months. Unfortunately, it can mean a heavy fight with your workers' comp insurance company to get the compensation you deserve or pay for your medical treatment promptly. You may struggle to get the treatments you need approved or even to get those vital checks to provide the compensation you deserve.
Often, big employers like United Health Group, Target, or 3M, among the biggest employers in Minneapolis, will leave you struggling hardest to get reasonable compensation for your injuries. By working with a lawyer, however, you can get the comprehensive support you may need to navigate your claim successfully.
Contact Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers for a free consultation regarding your Minneapolis workplace injuries.
- Nicolet Law: Award-Winning Legal Help for Minneapolis Workplace Accident Victims
- Workers' Comp Benefits in Minneapolis: What to Expect
- Minnesota Workplace Injuries: The Basics
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a Workplace Injury in Minneapolis
- What to Do After a Workplace Accident in Minneapolis?
- FAQs About Minneapolis Workers' Comp Claims
- Did You Suffer an On-the-Job Injury in Minneapolis?
Nicolet Law: Award-Winning Legal Help for Minneapolis Workplace Accident Victims
At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we have extensive experience dealing with various claims, including workers’ comp claims. Our lawyers have received mention in Reader’s Digest, Fox21, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and many other websites and publications, highlighting our extensive commitment to the legal community and accident victims.
We have a history of dealing with several workers’ comp claims.
- We helped win the right to workers’ comp benefits for a young man who required extensive back surgeries due to regular manual labor.
- We helped recover 95 percent of the total value for lost wages and permanent disability, with all medical expenses paid, for a worker who suffered a foot injury at work.
- We helped fight for compensation for an employee when an employer did not follow the light-duty rules required for that employee to return to work.
We can help workers’ comp victims with various challenges whenever employers fail to adhere to the regulations and provide the support those employees need.
Determined Legal Representation
You need a lawyer that will not back down when the going gets difficult. At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we do not back down from the challenges we may face in managing any legal claim. Instead, we double down to ensure you get the legal representation you deserve, including the ongoing support you may need to address those challenges.
We Win, or You Do Not Pay
We start with a free case review to help us get a better idea of the losses you may have faced and the compensation you may deserve. Then, we work with our clients on a contingency fee basis. If we do not win, you do not have to worry about paying for the cost of our legal service.
Local Lawyers Know the Local Area
The Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers team knows the local area. We feel a solid commitment to supporting our local community, including members of that community who may have sustained severe injuries due to the negligence of another party. We know the local court system, local employers, and what you may need to have your workplace injury claim taken seriously.
Did you suffer injuries in a workplace accident in Minneapolis? Contact Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers today to learn more about your rights.
Workers' Comp Benefits in Minneapolis: What to Expect
When you file a workers’ comp claim, you should receive comprehensive support and benefits to help care for your medical needs. This should make it easier for you to take care of your ongoing bills and other financial challenges. What benefits should you likely expect from your workers’ comp claim?
Medical bills from a severe injury often rise exponentially. Fortunately, if you suffered injuries in an on-the-job accident, workers’ comp insurance will cover many of the damages associated with that accident. Workers’ comp insurance will generally pay out for your medical bills directly, so you will not have to worry about coming up with the cost of expensive medical treatment. However, you may have to wait to have your medical needs approved before you can proceed with treatment.
In some cases, workers' comp may throw delays in your way, making it very difficult to take care of your medical needs. A lawyer can help you avoid those extensive delays and provide you with more information about how to get the medical assistance you need.
A workplace injury can keep you from work for a very long time. Your doctor may recommend that you wait for an extended period before you return to work, or you may have to adhere to your employer's requirements to avoid further injury and the associated liability to the company. Minnesota workers' comp replaces approximately 2/3 of a worker's salary while that worker recovers from serious injuries sustained on the job.
Minnesota Workplace Injuries: The Basics
Minnesota pays out an estimated 4.1 workers’ comp claims per 100 full-time equivalent workers yearly. On average, that means nearly 67,000 claims each year.
Workplace injuries can happen in almost any industry throughout Minnesota. However, they have greater overall odds of occurring in dangerous industries. Transportation, construction, and agricultural jobs have a greater chance of causing injury than other types of employment.
Why Do Workplace Injuries Happen in Minneapolis?
Workplace injuries may occur for several reasons.
- Workers may engage in careless behavior while on the job. According to workers’ comp laws, Minnesota workers have the right to pursue compensation for their injuries even when their careless actions cause or contribute to them.
- Employers may fail to provide adequate safety equipment to their workers. Often, employers do not follow OSHA regulations or provide the tools necessary to keep workers safe.
- Dangerous equipment malfunctions can raise the risk of severe workplace injury. Workers using heavy equipment, including transportation equipment, construction equipment, or farming equipment, may have a higher overall risk of injury.
- Falls serve as one of the biggest job hazards across industries.
Workplace accidents can prove catastrophic for many workers.
Common Workplace Injuries
Workplace injuries can prove as varied as the accidents that cause them.
Common workplace injury claims may include:
- Back and neck injuries, including repetitive stress injuries
- Head injuries, mainly from falling objects or auto accidents
- Broken bones
- Amputations, especially in construction and other industries that use heavy equipment
Talk to a lawyer any time you suffer serious workplace injuries.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Workplace Injury in Minneapolis
Dealing with the workers’ comp insurance company after a Minneapolis workplace injury can cause some of the greatest frustration with your claim and recovery. You might assume that, since you do not have to establish liability in a workplace accident to get compensation through workers’ comp, you will not have to fight the insurance company as hard.
However, Minneapolis workers’ comp insurance companies may throw various potential challenges in your way.
- You may have a hard time getting approval for needed medical procedures.
- Workers’ comp might deny that you suffered the injuries at work.
- The insurance provider might try to establish that you did not suffer the injuries you claim or that they do not prevent you from returning to work.
- The insurance company may try to prove that you caused your injuries due to deliberate action rather than carelessness or negligence.
At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we have extensive experience helping the victims of severe workplace accidents fight for the compensation they deserve. We help our clients narrow down their losses and lay them out so that they can maximize their odds of recovering compensation after a workplace accident.
What to Do After a Workplace Accident in Minneapolis?
You suffered injuries in a Minneapolis workplace accident.
- Check your company handbook for any procedures regarding reporting workplace accidents. While you may have taken steps to report the accident or to go to a specific workers’ comp provider at the time, employer policy may provide guidelines for continuing to deal with the aftermath of the accident and seek compensation for your injuries.
- Get a copy of the company accident report and ensure it accurately represents the accident. If the report contains inaccurate information about your injuries, you may need to have it corrected as soon as possible to avoid missing out on the benefits you may deserve.
- Follow all instructions issued by your medical care provider. In workers’ comp claims, it can be vital to ensure you follow all necessary instructions and steps to help improve your odds of making a full recovery. Your workers’ comp provider may try to limit the compensation you can recover if you do not follow those regulations.
- Contact Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers if you have questions about your workers' comp claim or rights.
Workers' comp claims can prove challenging to navigate. Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers can provide vital information about your rights after a workplace accident, how to protect those rights, and how to maximize your odds of recovering all the damages you deserve. Furthermore, we can help fight your workers' comp insurance provider when you do not get the full benefits you deserve for your injuries.
FAQs About Minneapolis Workers' Comp Claims
How is a workers’ comp claim in Minneapolis different from a personal injury claim in Minneapolis?
Workers' comp differs from the compensation offered through a personal injury claim in several ways.
- Workers’ comp insurance will pay for your medical bills directly. You will not have to deal with out-of-pocket costs related to your claim.
- Workers' comp will pay a percentage of your income for the duration of your recovery rather than a lump sum payment.
- Workers’ comp does not pay out compensation for pain and suffering.
Does it matter who caused my workplace injury in Minneapolis?
It does not matter who caused your workplace injury in Minneapolis: you will have grounds for a workers’ comp claim if you suffered injuries on the job. Workers’ comp bypasses the liability concerns often associated with a severe accident to make it easier for workers to seek the compensation they may deserve. That means you can seek workers’ comp.
However, if you caused your workplace injuries deliberately, it may prevent you from getting compensation for them.
Can I file a workers’ comp claim and a personal injury claim in Minneapolis?
In some cases, you may have the right to file a workers’ comp claim and a personal injury claim. You can file a workers’ comp claim whenever you suffer injuries due to a workplace accident. You can file a personal injury claim when someone else’s negligence directly caused your accident and your injuries. For example, if you sustained severe injuries due to faulty equipment, you might have grounds to file a claim against the manufacturer of that equipment.
Likewise, if your employer committed a severe act of negligence, including failing to adhere to OSHA regulations, you may have the right to directly pursue compensation against your employer.
If you believe that your workplace accident resulted from the negligence of another party, contact Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers to discuss how you can best move forward with your claim and protect your right to compensation.
Did You Suffer an On-the-Job Injury in Minneapolis?
If you suffered workplace injuries in Minneapolis, you might have substantial questions about your next steps and how to protect your right to compensation. Working with an experienced workers’ comp attorney can make it easier for you to pursue that much-needed compensation.
Contact Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers at (612) 688-4459 to learn more about your rights after a workplace injury.
43 SE Main St
Minneapolis, MN 55414
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Very happy with how Nicolet Law presents itself and its quality of work! Ben was very understanding and accommodating to all my needs. He was very informative and was available when I needed him. I cannot think of any other firm that I would have rather been with. Highly recommend!”
Review by: Dillon H.
Check out some of our other reviews.