A car accident can drastically alter your life and leave you with emotional trauma and mounting medical bills. If you suffered an injury, you want to ensure your life returns to normal as soon as possible. However, it may not be possible to regain control of your life and achieve peace of mind without getting adequate compensation for your losses and damages.
Our Roseville car accident attorneys at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers help injured victims of car accidents and their families navigate the complexities of the legal system and secure the compensation they need to move on with their lives. We understand the hardships you may endure after a car accident and will dedicate ourselves to providing compassionate and personalized support throughout your case.
With more than 100 years of combined legal experience, we have helped accident victims secure multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts. The reviews and testimonials of our clients serve as proof of our unwavering commitment to client advocacy.
We know how devastating and overwhelming an automobile accident can be, but you do not have to go through this alone. Feel free to schedule a free case evaluation with our Roseville car accident attorneys today.
Why Choose Our Roseville Car Accident Lawyers?
As a victim of a car accident, you do not want your legal case to end up in the wrong hands. Time and time again, our attorneys at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers have demonstrated excellence and our power to achieve favorable outcomes for our clients.
We believe our qualifications and achievements make us stand out from the crowd:
- Decades of experience - Our attorneys have over a century of combined legal experience that we will be proud to bring to your side.
- Commitment to clients - We understand the physical, emotional, and financial effects of getting injured, so we are committed to helping clients get every penny they deserve.
- Multi-state presence - We have multiple office locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota and have earned an excellent reputation in all three states.
- Track record of success - Our attorneys have consistently secured substantial settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- Prestigious accreditations - Our attorneys boast accreditations from many prestigious legal grounds and organizations, including Martindale-Hubbell, Avvo, and Minnesota Super Lawyers.
- Reviews and testimonials - We cherish the positive feedback from our previous clients, as their reviews and testimonials prove our hard work.
We have seven offices in Minnesota at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers. Our Roseville office is at 1700 S Hwy 36 Service Dr #220. Our other Minnesota offices are in Rochester, St. Paul, Duluth, Minneapolis, Woodbury, and Hibbing.
Types of Car Accidents We Handle
Unfortunately, car accidents can happen regardless of how careful or attentive you are during your day-to-day activities. If you are an experienced driver, you can anticipate upcoming events on the road, but you cannot control the actions of other road users. There are different ways a collision may occur on the road.
Some of the common types of car accidents our attorneys at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers handle include:
- Rear-end collisions are one of the most frequent types of accidents on U.S. roads, accounting for 28 percent of all car crashes in the country. A rear-end crash occurs when a vehicle hits the back of another vehicle in front of it, often resulting from the rear driver’s failure to keep a safe following distance.
- T-bone crashes occur when the front of a vehicle collides with the side of another car. This type of collision often happens at intersections when one of the drivers runs a red light or stop sign or fails to yield the right of way to others.
- Head-on collisions may not be as common as rear-end and T-bone collisions, but they are the deadliest type of accident. A head-on collision is when the fronts of two vehicles meet, often when the vehicles travel in opposite directions.
- Sideswipe collisions happen when the side of one vehicle makes contact with the side of another that travels in the same direction. This type of collision often occurs when a driver tries to change lanes or merge but fails to ensure the maneuver is safe.
- Multi-vehicle accidents involve more than two vehicles and can have devastating consequences, especially when such crashes occur at high speed. These accidents happen when two vehicles crash and another or several others hit the original collision.
- Single-vehicle accidents involve only one vehicle and can occur if the car runs off the road or collides with a stationary object such as a guardrail, fence, pole, traffic sign, or parked vehicle. These accidents account for over 21 percent of all automobile accidents in the U.S.
No matter what type of car crash you were in, our team at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers can provide you with the necessary legal counsel to protect your rights and ensure fair and just compensation in your case. We will proudly represent you and advocate for you throughout your legal journey.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Roseville
Statistically speaking, 94 percent of all car accidents have a critical error assigned to the driver of one of the vehicles involved in the crash.
A driver’s behavior may cause or contribute to an automobile accident in a variety of ways, as car accidents are often the result of:
- Speeding – driving above the posted speed limit or too fast for conditions reduces the time a driver has to react to hazardous conditions or sudden maneuvers on the road.
- Distracted driving – engaging in any activity that distracts a driver when operating a motor vehicle (texting, talking on the phone, eating, conversing with passengers, etc.).
- Driving under the influence – driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs can impair the driver’s judgment and reaction time.
- Failure to yield the right of way – drivers must always obey traffic rules, including right-of-way rules, to ensure their safety and the safety of others on the road.
- Following another vehicle too closely – also known as tailgating- a failure to maintain a safe following distance may prevent a driver from braking in time to avoid a collision.
- Running red lights or stop signs – a driver’s failure to obey traffic signals and road signs can lead to devastating crashes, mainly if they occur at a high rate of speed.
- Fatigued driving – being drowsy or tired has similar effects on a person’s driving abilities as being impaired by alcohol or drugs.
In many cases, an in-depth consultation is necessary to determine what caused a car accident and who should be held liable for the resulting damages. Our Roseville car accident attorney at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers can establish the cause of your crash and navigate the legal process from start to finish.
Injuries to Victims of Roseville Car Accidents
The injuries victims of car accidents suffer range from minor to severe and life-changing. While some may heal within a few days or weeks of medical treatment, others may result in permanent disability and require lifelong medical care.
Some of the common types of injuries resulting from automobile collisions are:
- Chest injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head trauma, including concussion
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Fractures and broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Shoulder dislocation
- Wrist and hand injuries
- Leg and knee injuries
- Crushing injury
If you suffered injuries and someone else was at fault, you can pursue legal relief. Our Roseville car accident attorney at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers can hold the negligent party financially responsible for all your losses and damages.
Seeking Compensation for Your Losses
With the above injuries come costly losses for most crash victims and their families.
Our legal team does everything possible to obtain compensation for every loss you experienced, including:
- Medical expenses
- Future estimated medical costs
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future lost income
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent injuries or disabilities
Obtaining compensation usually requires battling insurance companies that want to protect their bottom lines. Our attorneys know how to build and present a strong case, allowing for productive negotiations with insurers. Often, we obtain a favorable settlement offer that covers your losses. If the insurer does not make a fair offer, we never hesitate to take your case to court.
Roseville Car Accident Attorney Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we get hundreds of phone calls from victims of car accidents every month. We have addressed some of the questions they ask us in the FAQ section below:
How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident in Roseville?
If you were in a car accident in Roseville, you have up to six years from the date of your injury to bring your personal injury lawsuit against the liable party. This timeframe is the statute of limitations in Minnesota found in Minnesota Statute § 541.05.
While six years might seem like a long time, it is best to start working on your legal case as soon as possible as some pieces of evidence may get lost or deteriorate over time, not to mention that witnesses may not have a clear memory of the accident if you wait too long.
How much is my car accident claim worth?
Your claim's monetary value depends on the circumstances surrounding your accident—generally, the more serious the injury, the higher the settlement payout. However, do not expect the insurance company to accurately estimate your damages and losses. Before accepting a settlement offer from the insurer, consult with an attorney to ensure you account for every expense you have incurred.
What damages can I recover?
Facing severe injuries can disrupt your life in an instant and cause unimaginable financial hardships.
Fortunately, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses and damages, including medical bills and related expenses, loss of income and diminished earning capacity, mental anguish, pain and suffering, vehicle repairs or replacement costs, and others.
Since every car accident case is unique, you may need the assistance of an attorney to calculate the correct amount of compensation.
How much does it cost to hire a car accident attorney?
The cost of legal representation varies from one attorney to another. At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we understand the financial strain you may face after your car accident.
Right now, the last thing you need is to worry about the cost of hiring an attorney. We want every client to have the opportunity to obtain fair compensation without the burden of upfront legal fees, which is why we handle cases on a contingency fee basis.
This arrangement means that you do not have to pay us anything unless we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf.
How can a Roseville car accident attorney help?
When you hire our attorneys after your car accident, you can expect us to support you in the following ways:
- Handle all communications with the liable party and insurance companies on your behalf;
- Gather and preserve all necessary evidence and documentation to strengthen your compensation claim, including statements from witnesses, medical records, and others;
- Identify the sources of compensation, which include but are not limited to filing an insurance claim or suing the liable party;
- Explain the legal procedures and requirements that apply to your case, including the statute of limitations and;
- File a lawsuit and represent your best interests at trial.
When working with a skilled car accident attorney, you can focus on healing and getting better because your attorney will handle all the legal heavy lifting for you.
Speak with a Roseville Car Accident Attorney Today
A car accident can happen to any driver, even the most experienced and careful, at any moment. For this reason, you must understand your rights as an injured victim and know how to assert them.
Our team at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers has the necessary experience to seek the compensation you need to ensure that you get back on your feet both physically and financially. We work diligently to get results for every client we represent.
Contact our office for your free, confidential consultation with our Roseville car accident attorneys today. Call (651) 867-4853.