Truck accidents in Williston can cause significant destruction and severe injuries, particularly when trucks collide with smaller, lighter passenger vehicles. Victims of truck crashes in Williston frequently sustain trauma that disrupts their lives and leaves them struggling with large expenses. Reach out to a Williston truck accident lawyer.
If you or someone close to you suffers injuries in a Williston-area truck accident, you may recover compensation from the at-fault party's insurance company. Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers wants to help you explore your options. We fight to get truck accident victims the money they need to pay for their care and rebuild their lives.
Why Choose Us
Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers is an award-winning personal injury law firm serving clients in North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Our team of experienced attorneys works tirelessly to ensure truck accident victims receive fair compensation for their harm. We have what it takes to achieve top-dollar results in even the most complicated and high-stakes truck accident injury cases.
Hiring Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers puts a team of legal professionals in your corner who care about your needs and priorities. We take a personalized approach to every truck accident injury claim we handle, and we limit our caseload to ensure that every client receives the attention they deserve. Our experienced trial lawyers know how to win cases through negotiated settlements and in the courtroom, and we’re always up for a challenge.
We offer a free consultation for people who want to learn about their rights after getting hurt in a Williston truck accident. If you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you or schedule a video consultation at your convenience.
The Heavy Toll of Truck Crashes in Williston
Truck crashes are a constant menace on the roads in and around Williston. According to data collected by the Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute (UGPTI) at North Dakota State University, Williston and greater Williams County average more than 70 truck crashes annually. More than a quarter of those result in injuries, and 3 percent (3 percent) cause fatalities. Notably, the fatality rate for truck accidents in the region is nearly twice as high as for car accidents. And historically, the Williston area is the state's second-worst for truck accidents.
Truck accidents can happen anywhere in the Williston area, but some roads and intersections are unmistakable hotspots.
- The Route 2 and Highway 85 intersection west of downtown
- The Route 2 and Highway 85B intersection north of downtown
- Highway 85 south of the Missouri River
No matter where a truck accident happened in Williston, you may claim significant compensation if it harmed you or a loved one. Connect with Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers today to learn more.
Types of Truck Accidents and Injuries We Can Handle
At Nicolet Accident & Injury Lawyers, we have the resources and know-how to handle virtually any Williston truck accident case.
Our team is ready to tackle:
- Truck rollovers
- Rear-end collisions and chain-reaction pileups
- Jackknife accidents
- Wide-turn accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Override and underride accidents
- Cargo spills
- Truck fires and explosions
We’re also equipped to represent clients who have suffered a wide range of injuries.
Our lawyers can pursue compensation for Williston truck crash victims who sustain:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Crush injuries and amputated limbs
- Internal injuries
- Facial trauma, including loss of eyesight and disfigurement
- Back injuries
- Broken bones and orthopedic trauma
- Lacerations and abrasions
If a Williston truck accident takes a life, our team can represent the victim's surviving spouse or family members in a wrongful death lawsuit. We fight for you regardless of your Williston truck accident's circumstances or personal impacts.
Potential Compensation for a Williston Truck Crash
Victims of truck crashes in Williston generally have the right to demand payment for the harm they’ve suffered because of someone else’s careless actions.
Every truck accident case we handle differs, but at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we can often obtain payment for our clients’:
- Medical costs in treating truck accident injuries
- Other expenses related to living with or adapting to those injuries
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Lost earnings and job benefits from missing work while healing
- Loss of future income due to an accident-related disability
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Daily inconvenience and loss of independence
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
In the case of a fatal truck accident, our team can pursue damages like the ones above and, in addition, for the pain and suffering of the victim's loved ones. And in cases where a truck accident results from oppression, fraud, or actual malice, our team can also pursue an award of exemplary damages from a court. Contact Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers today to learn about the types of damages you might claim after suffering harm in a Williston truck accident.
Who owes you compensation for a Williston truck crash?
Numerous parties could owe you money for the harm you suffered in a Williston truck accident. At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we carefully examine the circumstances of truck crashes to identify everyone who might have financial liability for your losses.
We might find, for example, that you deserve damages for:
- A truck driver whose carelessness behind the wheel caused the accident
- A trucking company that failed to train its drivers or to maintain a safe fleet
- The owner of truck cargo that shifted or created a dangerous condition leading to the crash
- Another motorist whose dangerous conduct while sharing the road with a truck triggered an accident
- A truck equipment manufacturer responsible for defective truck parts that contributed to causing a crash
- A government agency or contractor at fault for unreasonably hazardous road conditions that caused an accident
- Liability insurance companies that issued coverage to any of the parties above
- Your own personal injury protection (PIP) or auto insurance carrier
No matter who might owe you money damages for the harm you suffered in a Williston truck accident, Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers has what it takes to hold them accountable for your losses. We're prepared to go toe-to-toe with the nation's largest trucking business and insurance companies to get justice for our clients.
How much is my case worth?
The best way to calculate compensation for your Williston truck accident is to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney. It's easy to connect with Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. We can review your circumstances and explain your options.
The potential value of your truck accident claim can depend on multiple factors.
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The degree of your disability or life disruption
- The strength of the evidence available to support your claim
- The number of victims involved in the crash
- The number of parties who may have liability to you and others
- The financial resources liable parties have available, through assets or insurance, with which to pay you
At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we comprehensively review our clients' truck accident claims to determine how much they could receive. There are no guarantees, but many of our clients have the potential to obtain hundreds of thousands of dollars or more for their injuries.
Truck Accident Legal Services We Can Provide
Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers is a full-service personal injury law firm. We possess the financial resources and breadth of experience to handle anything a truck accident case throws our way. And that’s important, because truck accident claims can grow into some of the most complicated and technical of all personal injury matters.
It's common for truck crashes to cause widespread destruction and injuries. Numerous individuals, businesses, and insurance carriers may face significant financial liability to multiple victims. The law firm you choose to represent you must fight on multiple fronts to protect your interests.
We’re that kind of law firm.
We have the capability to:
- Conduct or oversee an independent investigation of a truck crash to draw our own conclusions about what happened and who is to blame.
- Act as our client’s representative in dealings with insurance companies, official crash investigators, and the media.
- Evaluate insurance coverage under multiple policies to determine which covers our client's losses.
- Counsel our clients about their legal options and on making decisions that may affect their rights.
- Act quickly to preserve our client’s claims and to meet critical deadlines.
- Advocate for our client’s interests in multiple settings, including courtrooms and official investigative proceedings.
- Prepare, file, and pursue lawsuits and first- and third-party insurance claims seeking payment for our client’s injuries and expenses.
- Negotiate out-of-court settlements and advise clients when to accept or reject settlement offers.
- Win at trial in a Williams County courtroom.
- Ensure full payment of all money owed to our client under a settlement, judgment, or jury award.
We also understand that you can face significant financial strain after getting hurt or losing a loved one in a Williston truck crash. That’s why we don’t charge our clients upfront fees. We only get paid if we win for you.
Stay Protected After a Williston Truck Crash
Connecting with an award-winning lawyer as soon as possible after suffering losses in a Williston truck crash is the most reliable way to safeguard your interests and put yourself in a position to recover compensation. We aim to make it as easy as possible for you to contact us at Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers. We're available 24/7 to answer your call.
In addition to contacting an experienced legal professional, you can benefit from following these tips for protecting your rights.
Seek Medical Care
Prioritize your health and well-being after a Williston truck accident by seeking medical care as soon as possible. Get a checkup even if you think you avoided severe injury. Some potentially devastating trauma may not show symptoms immediately, and you might not recognize injuries during stressful moments after a crash.
In addition to the health benefits, seeking care safeguards your legal rights. Your medical records can serve as powerful evidence to prove a claim for damages and to respond to allegations by insurance companies or defense lawyers that you should bear the blame for your health condition.
Do Not Settle Without a Lawyer’s Advice
At-fault parties and their insurers can face potentially massive financial liability in the wake of a Williston truck crash. They may offer you a quick, lowball settlement of your claim to avoid their obligations. Do not agree to it, and do not sign anything they send you. Taking their money could mean giving up your valuable rights for pennies on the dollar, leaving you unable to pay for your care and meet your future needs.
Leave negotiation of any settlement of your claim to an experienced lawyer. At Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers, we routinely secure far more money for our clients than the amount at-fault parties or insurance companies initially offered them.
Time is not on your side after you suffer losses in a truck accident. Multiple victims, at-fault parties, and insurance companies will scramble to protect their interests. You need an experienced attorney to fight for your rights immediately. If you wait too long to contact a lawyer, you could lose your ability to recover compensation altogether.
Contact an Experienced Williston Truck Accident Lawyer Today
The trauma of a truck accident in Williston can upend your life. While you focus on healing, an experienced attorney can secure the money you need to pay your bills and plan for the future. Reach out to a Williston personal injury lawyer.
Nicolet Law- Williston Office:
125 Main Street Unit 216
Williston, ND 58801