Rice Lake Truck Accident Lawyer
Large trucks are a common sight throughout Rice Lake and the surrounding region. Unfortunately, drivers can do little. and sometimes nothing to avoid a collision with an out-of-control truck.
If you suffered serious injuries in a Rice Lake truck accident, we can help you fight for compensation. The damages you incur, such as medical bills and missed time from work, are unfair. Get help with your truck accident case by contacting Nicolet Law Accident & Injury Lawyers today for a free case consultation.
- Rice Lake Truck Accident Lawyer
- Typical Causes of Rice Lake Truck Accidents
- Your Rice Lake Truck Accident Injuries
- Hiring a Rice Lake Truck Accident Lawyer
- Personal and Professional Legal Help for Your Truck Accident Case
- Fatal Rice Lake Truck Accidents and Your Tragic Loss
- Help Us to Help You
- Will My Rice Truck Accident Case Go to Trial?
- Get Help From Nicolet Accident and Injury Lawyers Today
Typical Causes of Rice Lake Truck Accidents
Tractor-trailers provide an essential service in the delivery of goods and materials. Operating a semi-truck with a fully-loaded trailer requires skill and training. Commercial truck drivers must possess a Commercial Drivers License (CDL). Strict regulations are in place at both the state and federal levels to monitor CDL drivers and the trucking industry in general.
A truck driver is at risk of losing their CDL and career when they cause an accident that results in death or serious injuries.
Examples of driver behavior or trucking company negligence that typically involves harm to others include:
- Speeding: Driving too fast for road conditions or speeding to meet delivery deadlines
- Aggressive driving: Includes speeding but also purposely tailgating or blocking drivers from lane changes
- Drunk driving: Commercial truck drivers face a .04 percent or higher blood alcohol concentration (BAC) threshold; more elevated than the standard .08 percent or higher for other motorists.
- Sleep deprivation: A sleep disorder, inability to rest during mandatory breaks, and the monotonous open road can result in dangerous, drowsy driving.
- Driver distraction: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that drivers face distractions both inside and outside of the cab.
These examples highlight the reckless actions common in truck accidents. However, another single or contributing factor is that of the truck itself. Crash research data from the FMCSA lists brake and tire issues as two contributing factors in large truck accidents.
If your truck accident resulted from a poorly maintained road, other entities may face liability for your harm. Therefore, whether your case involves one or multiple parties, your case is too important to manage alone.
A lawyer from our team can investigate your accident to determine liability. Proving negligence is at the core of civil cases. The injuries you suffered demand your full attention. Release the burden of your Rice Lake truck accident case to the qualified team at the Nicolet Law Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Your Rice Lake Truck Accident Injuries
A rear-end, side, or rollover truck accident can leave you or a loved one with extensive medical bills. The costs can escalate depending upon the severity of the injuries. Your or your loved one’s medical needs may continue throughout your lifetime.
Tractor-trailers can weigh 80,000 pounds when fully loaded. The sheer size and weight of a fully loaded truck require the length of two football fields to come to a complete stop.
Failure to stop in time to prevent a collision can result in one or more of the following catastrophic and life-changing injuries:
- Brain injury: A severe traumatic brain injury (TBI) can require costly personal, 24/7 care, making a skilled nursing facility necessary. This type of care can cost thousands per month, an expense that should not be your responsibility.
- Spinal cord damage: A spinal cord injury affects movement and sensation. Whether your injury is complete or incomplete, the financial impact can cause you significant and unfair stress.
- Severe burns: A tanker truck accident can cause other drivers to suffer severe burns. Patients may experience blistering, swelling, and scarring that requires physical, emotional, and psychological care.
- Broken bones: Rice Lake truck accidents typically result in more than a broken arm or leg. The type and number of breaks can impact your ability to complete daily tasks. Some patients may experience limb loss due to breaks that are beyond repair. Others face rehabilitation, therapy, and future surgery.
- Internal injuries: An invisible injury to the naked eye is why seeking immediate medical care is imperative. Internal bleeding is just one example of internal damage that can result in deadly consequences if left undiagnosed.
From medical transport to ongoing care, treatments, and procedures, costs can far exceed your ability to pay. However, when the injuries result from a truck driver, company, or some other form of negligence, the Nicolet Law Accident and Injury Lawyers are here for you.
Hiring a Rice Lake Truck Accident Lawyer
A free case consultation can help you learn more about your options for pursuing compensation. If you decide to move forward with legal action, you must act quickly. Failure to file your lawsuit within the required statute of limitations can end your chances of possible compensation.
Hiring a Wisconsin truck accident lawyer is not only easy, but it can save you time and trouble. Serious injuries leave you with no time for playing phone tag with insurance adjusters or legal paperwork.
When you hire a member of the Nicolet Law Accident and Injury Lawyers, you can rest assured your case is in qualified hands. An award-winning firm, we are most proud of our ability to change an initial truck accident settlement from $70,000 to a recovery of $700,000. Results like this are not promised nor guaranteed in your case. However, your lawyer will work hard to secure the best outcome possible.
Personal and Professional Legal Help for Your Truck Accident Case
As personal injury attorneys, we understand the impact a tragic truck accident has on the lives of our clients. Therefore, we strive to deliver customer service that is caring and compassionate. At the same time, we professionally negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Profits are significant to insurance companies and the trucking industry. Representatives from both groups typically fight to pay a settlement that is fair or to pay clients anything. By implementing various tactics aimed at confusing and overwhelming the injured, insurance adjusters often settle for the least amount possible.
Knowing what you are signing while heavily medicated and upset is difficult. Signing a settlement agreement may provide you with financial relief now but may cost you later. In addition, the amount you accept today prohibits you from seeking more money should your condition worsen.
Accepting less than you deserve due to the careless actions of another person is where a lawyer can protect you. Insurance adjusters are generally assertive with their desire to close your claim quickly and before you hire an attorney.
Get the personal and professional legal help you need for your Rice Lake truck accident case today. Turn away from aggressive insurance adjusters and toward Nicolet Law Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Fatal Rice Lake Truck Accidents and Your Tragic Loss
The loss of a loved one due to a negligent truck accident is especially tragic. However, the impact is both heartbreaking and frustrating for those left behind to learn that the accident was likely preventable.
You may qualify for a wrongful death claim and lawsuit. A wrongful death attorney from the Nicolet Law Accident and Injury Lawyers can work with you to determine your best options.
A wrongful death case typically involves economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are those such as medical bills and other set costs. Non-economic damages, however, are much harder to assign a dollar value.
The loss of companionship from your spouse is difficult to convey to insurance adjusters. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can prevent you from having to deal with this sensitive matter alone.
Wrongful death victims typically fight for the following types of compensation:
- Final medical costs for their loved one
- Lost wages and future income from a spouse
- Loss of inheritance for children
- Funeral and burial expenses
No amount of compensation can replace your loss. If successful, compensation can help alleviate financial stress and serve as a form of justice on behalf of your loved one.
The sudden death of a close family member is a highly emotional time. Unfortunately, the stress of your situation can lead you to make unwise financial decisions when it comes to accepting a settlement. Protect your best interests by contacting the Nicolet Accident and Injury Lawyers today for a free case consultation.
Help Us to Help You
To build the best case possible, we need as much information about the accident as you can provide. If your injuries prevent you from coming to our office, we can travel to your home or hold a virtual meeting with you.
By sharing evidence with us, you can help us get to work for you faster.
Examples of the types of evidence that may help your case include:
- A police report detailing the accident and any criminal charges.
- Contact information provided by any eyewitnesses
- Pictures of the accident scene, taken by you or witnesses
- Information regarding your injuries and related costs
- Evidence of missed time from work and lost wages
If your injuries prevent you from gathering these and other forms of evidence, we can help. While we investigate your Rice Lake truck accident, we keep you, our client, informed regarding the status of your case.
Will My Rice Truck Accident Case Go to Trial?
Not all personal injury and wrongful death cases go to trial. As strong negotiators, our lawyers know how to take a firm stand against reluctant and unresponsive insurance companies. Your lawyer will work hard to secure a fair settlement without going to court.
If negotiations fail to produce the results you deserve, your case may go to trial. Therefore, hiring a lawyer with courtroom experience is crucial for the best outcome in your case.
No matter how your case progresses, having a Rice Lake truck accident attorney by your side can ease your mind. At Nicolet Accident and Injury Lawyers, we put our experience to work for you. We listen to your concerns and answer any questions you ask regarding your case.
Our team understands that most accident victims face a long recovery, lost wages, and extensive medical costs. When these and other damages result from the negligence of another person, product, or company, we are ready to fight for you.
Get Help From Nicolet Accident and Injury Lawyers Today
If you suffered severe injuries in a Rice Lake truck accident, do not speak with aggressive insurance adjusters alone. Instead, contact Nicolet Accident and Injury Lawyers for a free case consultation as soon as possible.
Protecting your best interests is our top priority. To prepare the best case possible, we must access evidence before it becomes lost and interview witnesses before forgetting essential details.
The multiple steps of a personal injury or wrongful death claim and lawsuit are both necessary and complex. One misstep like that of a missed court deadline can forever impact your chance for compensation.
A Rice Lake truck accident occurs in seconds, yet the impact on your quality of life may last forever. The stress of your physical, emotional, and financial situation can cause you sleepless nights and a lot of anxiety.
Nicolet Accident and Injury Lawyers want to help you get the rest you need to heal. We remove the burden of your case from your shoulders and manage important legal details on your behalf.
From insurance company negotiations to courtroom presentations, our team knows Wisconsin civil law. Unfortunately, trucking companies and their insurance agents are too challenging to manage alone. Their experience with Rice Lake truck accidents far exceeds your ability to negotiate a settlement on your own successfully.
If the negligence of another person or company is the reason for your harm, contact Nicolet Accident and Injury Lawyers today for your free case consultation.
Accident victims can contact us online or by calling (715) 226-6241 at any time, 24/7.
Rice Lake Office
337 North Main Street
Rice Lake, WI 54868