With Numerous Offices For The Convenience Of Our Clients, We Help With Workers’ Compensation Claims
Under the law, employers are supposed to provide workers’ compensation insurance coverage for their employees. After an accident on the job, or a work-related injury or disability, the employer is supposed to facilitate the process by helping the employee apply for the medical treatment and benefits available to them under the workers’ compensation law.
Too often, though, the employer or its insurer tries to downplay the incident and throws up roadblocks that make it difficult for an injured worker to exercise his or her rights. This can make it a challenge for you to recover the workers’ compensation benefits to which you are entitled.
- Report the accident or workplace injury immediately to your immediate supervisor and follow up to make sure the incident report is submitted to the appropriate department at your place of work.
- Discuss with your employer your right to seek medical treatment for your injury and clarify the rules for receiving the level of treatment to which you are entitled. Remember, medical benefits are typically limited to immediate care by a licensed physician. Do not see a specialist or clinic for the treatment of pain unless you have been formerly referred by your primary care physician.
- Collect and keep copies of all accident reports, as well as medical bills and records relative to your injuries.
- Follow your doctor’s orders, including prescription medications.
- You have the right to change to a different medical provider if you choose to do so. Notify your employer of your intent to find a new doctor before you make any appointments.
- Keep your employer fully informed regarding the level of diagnosis and your doctor’s orders regarding remaining off of work or returning to work on a reduced schedule or to lighter job tasks.
- Make an appointment with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. Even if your claim is approved without a problem, you will want to start a legal relationship with an attorney as soon as possible, in the event you need to appeal a denied claim.
Every injury is different, and it can take time for you to recover and return to work. A workers’ comp lawyer can put you in a position to get the care you need, and file a claim for benefits to help you make ends meet after a work-related accident. We have helped many injured employees navigate the complex workers’ compensation claim process.
The Right Lawyer To Help You Get Your Workers’ Comp Claim Approved
If you need to know more about how to file a workers’ compensation claim, we can help you get the answers you need. We work aggressively to help you get your claim through the workers’ compensation process. Call our law firm at 866-663-8774 or contact us by email today. For additional information, check out our stories of real results that we’ve achieved for our clients, and view our FAQ page for answers to commonly asked questions regarding workers’ compensation cases.