Personal Injury Lawyers Serving The Wausau Area
“It all happened in the blink of an eye.”
It’s a cliché but it has remained part of our vernacular because it is true; life truly can change – or even end – in the blink of an eye. This happens every day when people are involved in motor vehicle accidents, injured in falls or hurt at work. Accidents happen quickly, but the damage can be long-lasting in the form of lost earnings, crushing medical expenses, pain, and stress. People who have been hurt as a result of someone else’s negligence should not have to bear that burden.
Personal Injury Representation In Wausau
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of negligence you can turn to the experienced personal injury lawyers of Nicolet Law Office, S.C., to make things right. We fight to hold people and corporations accountable for negligence, leveling the playing field with the insurance companies so the injured can get the full compensation they need when they need it most. We will pursue your personal injury or work injury claim vigorously, whether in or out of the courtroom. We are tireless advocates for our clients and have a long track record of helping clients throughout Wisconsin recover and rebuild when they need assistance the most.
Our Personal Injury Practice
We focus our practice on helping the injured obtain the resources they need to recover physically, emotionally, and financially after injuries stemming from:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Negligent security
- Workplace accidents
After a serious injury, it’s only natural that you’d look to your insurance company to provide the financial support you need. Unfortunately, insurance companies systematically undervalue claims to protect their bottom line at the expense of yours. We can help you get the answers you need as well as the verdict or settlement you need to move forward with your life.
Convenient Wausau Office Location
Our Wausau office is located right in the heart of downtown, just east of the Wisconsin River on Third Street. We are right next to the 400 Block park, directly across from the Grand Theater. Here’s a map and directions. Other nearby landmarks include:
- Wausau Museum of Contemporary Art
- Center for the Visual Arts
- Wausau Center Mall
- Marathon County Public Library
Deep Community Involvement
We are proud to be part of the Wausau community, along with other businesses in manufacturing, retail, finance, education and health care that serve the area. We believe strongly in giving back to the communities we are a part of and support a wide variety of charitable organizations, including food banks, schools, and legal aid projects. We are grateful for the support of our clients and do our utmost to pass that support along to those who need it most.
Better Safe Than Sorry
It’s natural to say “I’m okay” while you have the post-accident adrenaline pumping through your body. Unfortunately, injury symptoms can appear in the hours, days, and weeks after your accident. That’s why it’s so important to seek medical evaluation and treatment after an accident even if you feel fine. It will create a record of the accident and any treatment you receive that will be critical if you eventually need to pursue a personal injury claim. It’s also an opportunity for a doctor to catch any “silent killers” such as internal bleeding. When it comes to motor vehicle crashes, workplace accidents and other accidents, it’s always better to be safe than to be sorry.
What A Personal Injury Settlement Or Verdict Can Provide
A personal injury claim is not about cashing in on your misfortune; it’s about making sure you have the resources you need to keep your lights, keep food on the table, and keep your bills current while you recover. Just as important, it’s about making you whole again. After all, why should you go into deep medical debt or face immense hardship as a result of someone else’s negligence? A successful personal injury claim can provide you with financial compensation for your:
- Medical damages: The costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation is the primary source of financial hardship for injury victims. A personal injury settlement or verdict can make sure you have the financial resources you need to cover your medical costs now and for as long as you continue to suffer the effects of your injuries.
- Lost earnings: You may be unable to work as a result of your injury in the short-term or have to find a new line of work in the long-term, derailing your career path and taking a bite out of your earnings potential. You deserve to be compensated for those losses as you seek to make ends meet for your family.
- Pain-and-suffering: Compensation for pain-and-suffering is what puts the “personal” in personal injury. This non-economic compensation covers damages such as your pain, suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. If you were hurt at work, you may be able to pursue a separate personal injury claim for these damages in addition to pursuing workers’ compensation benefits to cover your economic needs.
408 3rd Street
Wausau, WI 54401