Minnesota Personal Injury Lawyers
Whether your injuries resulted from a motor vehicle collision, a slip-and-fall accident, or a vicious dog bite, you need a skilled and compassionate personal injury law firm by your side—you need Nicolet Law Office.
Our attorneys and legal staff are dedicated to helping our clients recover financial compensation for pain and suffering, medical treatment, lost wages, and car repair. With over 100 years of combined legal experience and thousands of satisfied clients, we know how to get results.
Award-Winning Personal Injury Help and Resources
In addition to providing personalized, experienced legal guidance, our attorneys are also skilled negotiators who understand what it takes to maximize a victim’s recovery—and we have the track record to show for it.
We can offer assistance with a wide range of personal injury actions, including those involving:
- Vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Boating accidents
- Dog bites and attacks
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Injuries caused by explosions and other burn-related injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
Suffering a severe personal injury can leave an individual feeling vulnerable, especially if the victim faces mounting medical bills. Fortunately, Nicolet Law Office can help our clients rebuild their lives and finances. Our attorneys will deal with the insurance companies so that our clients don’t have to.
Personal Injury Claims Made Simple
Many personal injury cases center on negligence, or a failure to use reasonable care. In these cases, the negligent person may be required to compensate the victim for the losses he or she sustained.
Winning a personal injury case requires the plaintiff to establish that the defendant’s actions, or inaction, lacked reasonable care and that that failure to exercise caution ultimately caused the plaintiff’s injuries or damages. The concept of negligence consists of three parts: duty of care, breach of duty, and causation.
Duty of care: A duty of care is the obligation to act with reasonable caution in any circumstance that could result in harm to another person. For example, all drivers owe other drivers a duty to obey traffic laws.
Breach of duty: If a duty of care has been established, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant breached their duty. Common examples of negligence include running a stop sign while driving and failing to caution customers about a wet floor after mopping.
Causation: Finally, a plaintiff must establish that a defendant’s breach of duty led to the accident or the victim’s injuries. For example, business owners have a responsibility to keep their buildings safe for their customers. During the winter months, this responsibility may include salting or clearing the building’s entrance after a snowstorm. Therefore, if a store fails to do this and a slip-and-fall accident occurs, the store’s owners and employees may be found liable for the victim’s injuries.
Who Needs a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Accident victims shouldn’t have to deal with claims and cases. At Nicolet Law Office, our attorneys are dedicated to providing trusted, compassionate, and affordable legal representation to every client so that they can focus on what really matters—healing and rebuilding.
Sadly, we cannot say the same for insurance companies. Insurance companies are ultimately loyal to their shareholders and the profits that those shareholders want to see.
The award-winning personal injury attorneys at Nicolet Law Office are committed to our clients and their cases. We will take on the insurance companies and work tirelessly to provide all of our clients with just compensation for their injuries, even if it means bringing the fight to court.
We know that the path to personal injury compensation can be long and complicated. When you trust Nicolet Law Office with your case, you can rest assured we will do everything we can to guide you successfully through the personal injury claims process.
Personal Injury Claim Timeline
Although many of our clients want to know how long it will take to receive compensation, the timeline for obtaining money in a personal injury case can vary depending on how the claim is resolved. Claims that settle typically result in quicker payment. Cases that go to trial frequently take longer, depending on the court’s calendar.
However, personal injury claims tend to progress through a similar timeline—though most cases settle out of court and will not reach the final stage.
- An accident happens: An individual becomes the victim of an accident or sustains an injury. Common personal injury cases involve car collisions, slip-and-fall accidents, and animal attacks.
- Medical attention: The injured party seeks medical treatment. At Nicolet Law Office, we encourage all accident victims to seek medical care as soon as possible—even if their injuries are not evident immediately.
- Legal consultation: While many cases can settle without hiring an attorney, personal injury lawyers can help their clients receive significantly higher settlements than those who try on their own.
- Investigation: If you choose to hire an attorney for your case, he or she will review your case to gain a detailed understanding of the accident and your situation.
- Notifying the parties: When someone pursues a personal injury claim, the plaintiff must notify all parties that they will be seeking compensation for their losses.
- Settlement: Many personal injury claims settle at this point in the timeline, though not all should. Though the attorneys will attempt to negotiate a settlement acceptable to both parties, each case is different. Sometimes settlements cannot be reached.
- Lawsuit: If negotiations prove unsuccessful, the plaintiff will file a lawsuit with the court. Accident and injury victims in Minnesota have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
The attorneys at Nicolet Law Office have years of experience analyzing the advantages of settling versus bringing a case to court. We are committed to helping our clients make the right decision for their situation, and we can help you comprehend how each option affects the amount of compensation you receive—as well as how quickly you receive it.
Discuss Your Case With a Local Personal Injury Lawyer Today
You can schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled personal injury lawyers by calling us toll-free at 1-855-NICOLET, or by contacting us through our secure online form. If your injury means you cannot come to us, we will make arrangements to come to you.