KARRY A. JOHNSON
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Karry Johnson has engaged in a well-rounded law practice for the last 17 years of family law, personal injury, insurance defense, employment law and real estate. She now focuses in the areas of personal injury and worker compensation. As an advocate for her clients, Karry has pursued matters at both a trial court level as well as the appellate level. Her trial practice includes both court trials and trying matters to a jury.
Karry previously engaged in an extensive family law practice as both a parental/spouse advocate and as guardian ad litem. Karry strived at all times to provide respectful, compassionate legal services that met the needs of her clients. She practices with a similar degree of respect and compassion in personal injury, disability and worker’s compensation matters. Maintaining a meaningful level of dignity for her clients is a priority at all times. Karry graduated magna cum laude from Black Hills State University, Spearfish, South Dakota in 1997 with a bachelor’s of science degree in political science. She attended law school at the University of South Dakota, and earned the degree of juris doctorate in 2000. While in law school, Karry served as a summer extern (1999) to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 5, Chicago, Illinois, working directly with Deputy Regional Counsel, Bertram C. Frey. As a result of her externship, she co-authored a comprehensive article with Mr. Frey which was published on the Region 5 website and cited in other written works.
Karry is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and the State Bar of Colorado. She is an active member and past president of the Douglas County Bar Association. Karry is involved locally with the Superior Optimists group. In her free time, she enjoys photography, running, cycling and serves as an assistant attorney coach for the Superior high school mock trial team.
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota
- J.D. – 2000
- Black Hills State University, Spearfish, South Dakota
- B.S. – 1997
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean’s List 1995-1997
- Major: Political Science
- Wisconsin, 2003
- Colorado, 2001
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Douglas County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Colorado, Member
- Superior Optimist Club, Member
- Lincoln County Bar Association
- Marathon County Bar Association
- The Greater Wausau Area Chamber of Commerce
- Bertram C. Frey & Karry A. Johnson, Environmental Auditing Since EPA’s 1986 Audit Policy, January 2000, available at https://www.epa.gov/reg5oorc/articles/env-aud-since-1986.pdf